Tuesday 22 March 2016

REVIEW - Nanny's Silly Soap "Moroccan Sands"

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Nanny's Silly Soap - Moroccan Sands




APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Load the brush (damp synthetic) for about 15-20 seconds, whip lather in a bowl, adding water until ideal consistency is achieved.  Apply to ones boat race in circular fashion, paint until even.  Shave.  Admire.

SCENT:
Now, this is where I can only quote Janice from Friends - Oh! My! God!

I LOVE this scent.  It reminds me of being in a Wiccan ritual, of heady piles of incense burning upon smouldering charcoal, filling the room with mystic smoke, designed to invoke the Gods and Goddesses.

LATHERABILITY:
I have yet to find a soap that presents a problem in lathering.  Some take a little longer to build a quality lather, others (like this) spring up a lather almost as soon as you introduce a damp brush to them.  A 15-20 second load produces plenty of lather for a full three pass shave plus touch up.  No problems here.



PERFORMANCE:
During the shave, I felt the lather protected well, cushioned against the blade and importantly, enabled a close, safe shave.  I felt no real problems occur during the shave, bar the first time I used, the lather didn't last very long on my face if applied a little thin.  No real problem, just ensure it is applied properly et voila.  It also has glide for days, very slick indeed.

POST SHAVE:
As I am sure you will have noticed if you've read any of my other reviews, that this is one of the most important aspects I consider when using and reviewing a soap.  Most vegetable based soaps leave me a little underwhelmed, not so with Nanny's.  I felt that this is up there with most tallow/lanolin containing soaps.  Having a scout through the ingredients list, I am left in no doubt that this is down to the shea butter content.  Top marks Nanny for this!

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, there is something special contained within the red anodised tin, something very special indeed.  The scent is heavenly, the performance superb, what more could you ask for?  I would definitely purchase again, and indeed will definitely try some of the other scents in the Signature range.  Worth every penny.


No comments:

Post a Comment